Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Son woke up crying for tummy pain. He peed and then went to bed. Normal?

Hello, my son is 2 1/2 yrs old, and tonight while he was asleep, he was crying in pain, his tummy felt hard and he was holding his penis. I thought he had a tummy ache, so I picked him up and stood him up on the floor and he peed in his diaper. once he peed, he was all better and went back to bed as if nothing ever happened. Is it normal for a child to wake up in pain, just to pee?? Thank you!
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

For a 2-1/2 yr old boy this is not a normal phenomenon. It is advised you get his urine routine examination done and in case he still complains of pain in the abdomen an ultrasound of the whole abdomen should be done.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son all the best.


Rajiv K Khandelwal
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor