Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Son ingested expired ibuprofen, allergic reaction, tiny spots on body, itching. Cure?

Hello I accedently gave my son an expired medication(ibrozprofin) he got a allergic reaction to it & his very itchy & I don t know how to take it away from him he has like tiny spots all over his entire body & his just itching it away but it just wont go away,I have like this lotion for like a diaper rash ,should I put it on him?what can I do...:(
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  295
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
Your son developed allergic reaction and lotion will not help. Right now he need injection with hydrocortisone or methylprednisolone, plus antihistamines injection or tablets such a Benadryl, or chlorfeniramine and IV fluids. Monitor carefully and if you will note difficulty in breathing, changed voice, dizziness, hypotension then you need ASAP bring him to emergency room.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery,
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.
Best Regards,

Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor