Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Solid lump on cheekbone, had cheek injury. Should I seek medical attention?

I recently fell over and hit my cheek very hard. My face was swollen for a few days, and my cheek became bruised and i got a black eye. All the bruising has now subsided, however there is a solid lump (under the skin) right on my cheekbone which does not seem to be getting any less. what is this lump, should I seek medical attention? When i touch the area of skin above the lump (to the side of my eye) it feels very uncomfortable, almost as if a nerve is being touched.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  643
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Dermatologist 's  Response
You must have developed hematoma (blood collection in tissue), which has not resolved so far. If it is not progressing and not giving much discomfort, you can wait for a few more days. An X-ray can be obtained right now to rule out some bone injury.
If everything is fine, in due course of time it will subside.
Otherwise consult a doctor.
Dr. Ajit Singh Kulhari
MD - Skin & VD
Answered: Sun, 18 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor