Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Solid flesh under the skin, what could be this ?

My dad has hard legs below his knees, it felt as though he had an inch of solid flesh under his skin , we are beginning to get a bit worried, what do you suggest?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  171
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Is your dad suffering from hyper of hypothyroidism or diabetes?
If yes, he may be having myxoedema or amyloidosis. Consult your physician or dermatologist regarding this.
Answered: Wed, 23 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Sports Medicine Specialist Dr. Abhay Dikshit's  Response
Check-investigate your father for blood sugar,thyroid profile and most important colour doppler test.
If everything is normal, then give him light massage with olive oil & hot fomentation.
Answered: Thu, 24 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor