Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Soft lump on the shin bone that feels like fluid, appears on exercising, gets numb on crossing legs. Suggestions?

I have a soft Lump on the right side of my shin bone. When I touch it it feels like fluid. It is not hard. It only appears when exercising or after walking for a while. It feels a little numb when I cross my legs. Been there for a while and has not changed in size. I also have a problem with my ankles where I have torn the ligaments. So there is a lot of scare tissue . I have had lymphatic problems in the past.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  334
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Diabetologist 's  Response
first - wishing u a happy new year
and welcome to our site

read your query
that is a very interesting question
and i appreciate your problem

i will try my best to answer your query
please do understand that some problem remains as
online texting cuts down history and examination
thereby reducing the effectivity
and increasing reliance on tests

this could be due to a collection of some fluid
i would suggest you get an x ray of the affected limb
and mri would be a better option considering your ligament status too
i think it is just a paraosteal fluid collection

i hope this helps you
inform the reports mentioned above
so i can be of help further
best of luck
Answered: Wed, 1 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor