Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Snorted pain killers. Extreme pain in throat, nose burning, unable to quit. How to control pain?

hello im Angelina. My fiancee snorted pain killers up his nose for three years. he snorts hydrocodone and percocet . about 6 months ago his throat and nose started to burn and he would be in EXTREME pain. he finally decided he wanted to get sober but i feel like he waited to long because now he cant quit because the only thing that eases the pain is putting more powder up his nose. the pain is so extreme he cant quit. he can not sleep over 2 hours at a time because the pain wakes him up. he so badly wants to quit but needs to know what the pain is and how to control it. he has tried antibiotics, a mixture of benadryl , maloxx, and lidocaine hydrochlloride solution, steroids. all these were given to him by his doctor but he never told his dr about the pill snorting. he is afraid to tell a doctor because he thinks they wont help him because he was stupid enough to do this to himself. please help
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  463
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Definitely need to see a counsellor who can help in giving up this addiction. Do use liquid paraffin nasal drops 6 drops three times a day and neosporin ointment for local application thrice daily inside the nose
Answered: Wed, 2 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor