Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Sneezing, nasal discharge, allergic rhinitis. Montec LC provides relief. Coronal scan prescribed. Curable condition?

I am suffering from sneezing and running nose for the past two years. ENT specialist has diagnosis it as allergic rhinitis . Montec LC helps me but as soon as it is discontinued, the problem reappear again. Now the doctor has advised me to have CT Scan PNS, Plain/coronal. How coronal scan is different from normal CT scan. Whether my problem is curable or not without surgery? Regards
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  118
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
The different views on the CT scan helps the radiologist get a 3D view of the structures, unless you get the expensive 3D scan (not available in most centres) and ensure there are no polyps that are causing some of the symptoms.

You will definitely require allergy tests either in the form of skin prick tests or specific IgE blood test to exclude house dust mite, pollen, mould allergies.
Long acting antihistamines with nasal sprays for 3 months provide a lasting benefit (also timing of the treatment is important to reduce the allergic symptoms), but symptoms in 20% of people.
Immunotherapy is reserved for this group and after 3 years of immunotherapy, one can expect a lasting benefit.

Best Wishes.
Answered: Fri, 4 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor