Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Smoking meth. Started losing weight and looks gaunt. What should be done?

My partner has admitted to me that he has been smoking meth on average 3xa week. I suspected, and he confirmed this has been going on for months. This has made me angry and un trusting. He is 60, way too old to be fooling around with such a dangerous drug. I ve done my research, tried to intervene, and even confiscated and dissolved the meth I ve found. He s become very agitated, his family are not aware but suspect that something is wrong as he s lost a crazy amount of weight and looks gaunt . How can iget him the help he needs? Where do I even begin, and is it possible to fight the addiction after more than a year of constant abuse?
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

I understand that you are concerned. It is certainly possible for him to quit, provided he wants to. Please talk to him gently about what he wants to do. Many times people want to quit but are afraid of what may happen on quitting, and so carry on. Take him to an addiction medicine specialist who can assure him that he will be taken care of and who can guide him through the process.

Best wishes.
Answered: Mon, 26 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor