Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Smoking addiction, use cigarette based on clove, have erection problems. Permanent damage?

Hi doctor, My age is 33 years. i have been smoking cigarettes since six years around 10-12/day. Last 1-2 years i have been cig.based on clove. i also have a habbit ofusing mouth freshner like strong mint of menthol tablets since i dont like cig taste. i am now experiencing problem in getting/maintaining erection . i have discontinued clove cigarette and mint and now smoke normal cigarette. Is this going to help? is it permanent damage? can anti-ED drugs help?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
hello socialbeing0...
welcome to health care magic...
first of all let me tell you that any kind of smoking or use of nicotine in any form can give rise to problem with erection... so its my sincere advice that kindly quit smoking...
use of cigarettes with clove or mouth freshners with menthol for longer duration can give rise to erection difficulty & research has found that..
smoking can cause permanent damage not only in sexual functioning but also leads to heart problem, stroke, lung cancer, COPD etc... so its better to Quit completely...
anti ED drugs might be helpful but they should be taken under medical supervision because they have there own side effects.
so have a healthy lifestyle ahead... take care...
Answered: Sun, 16 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor