Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Smoking addict, get nose blocks at the middle of night followed by sneezing, temporary relief with anti-allergic medicines. Effective remedy?

i am a smoker smoke about 5-8 a day i have this problem where i wake up in the middle of the night and keep sneezing like my nose is blocked but its not.My nose is dry and i sneezing for about an hour with stuff coming out my nose its clear and thick ive been doctors and they said i had a dust allergy they gave me pill and nose spray it worked for 3 months then stoped working.I need help in what i can take for this and its making me really tried cause its breaking my sleep
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
Depending on where you stay, House dust mite allergy gets worse in the winter (if you live in europe) while it gets worse in summer/rainy conditions (high humidity) at the tropics and you need to be on long-acting antihistamines and nasal sprays for that duration.
If HDM allergy is definitely proven on skin tests, or specific IgE blood test then dsensitization is an option that you must discuss with your doctor.
Aletrnatively, optimise your medical therapy and moreso if you have asthma.
Smoking definitely does NOT help with your allergies and sinuses, so giving up will be the best thing you ever did.
Answered: Sat, 13 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor