Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Smoker, what should doctor check ?

What things should I have a doctor check if I'm a heavy smoker that had high cholesterol a year ago and get no exercise ? Also my dad had a heart attack in his early 50's.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Apr 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  395
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. It is better to get a complete health check up.. In case that is not possible then, the minimal tests which you would need is a complete blood count, chest x-ray, EKG. The other tests is based on your symptoms..

Answered: Mon, 3 May 2010
General Surgeon Dr. Biji Thomas George's  Response
You are at high risk of a heart attack.
Stop smoking immediately and start exercising.
There is no point in checking your health if you don't do what is in your own power to do.
Once you stop smoking and start exercising there is meaning to your getting checked by a doctor.
Otherwise you are only wasting your money and time for the profit of some lab.
Answered: Thu, 17 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dietitian & Nutritionist Ms. Ketki's  Response

1. Because of family histroy u have a risk
2. cz of smoking u r increasing risk
3. investigations to do :

- Lipid profile
- Cardiac Enzymes
- PFT ( Pulmonary function tests)
-Chest X-ray

For further querries :

Answered: Fri, 25 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello.. the test requiires are lipid profile, chest x-ray, and pulmonary function test .. god bless..
Answered: Sat, 19 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor