Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Smoker, drinker. Pain in right hip after keeping foot in the hole accidentally. Pinched nerve?

Well I think I have a pinched nerve cuz it s hurts when sneezing and coughing as well as any sort of movement. It s my right hip area the hurts. I need help to even put socks and pants on. I ve had this same problem before but my gp had no idea so sent me for ct scan . It showed that the right hip was worn a lot more then the left. Almost like early osteoarthritis . But there was still little cartilage there. I m 31 and a smoker. I drink casually a lot. There is know history of this in my family. I can walk with a waddle but do get a shooting pain to top right buttock. This pain only seems to be back and side of my hip. My inner thigh and lower back are fine. I think u have a pinched nerve cause by compression. The other day I had a ladder on my right shoulder and while walking I put my right foot in a hole I didn t see cuz of the snow. I really think this is related. My question is. How do I beat or get rid of the pain. I cannot afford to be down and out as I am leaving for a Europe vaca on thurs. great timing. Please help with anything you can
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
hello you are a very young and dynamic person.U r a smoker n alcoholic.First of allcut down these habits as they further ruin ur health.Right hip pain increasing on coughing n sneezing probably u have a radicular pain due to lumbar disc prolapse or it may a radiatin pain due to osteoarthritis of hipwhich was aggravated due to placing of ur foot accidentally in a hole.First have 2-3 days absolute bed rest, pain killers like tab ultracet(tramadol+ paracetamol) 1 tablet twice a day for 5 days n use tab gabaneuron one tablet per day at night.If ur pain doesnt subside pls dont hesitate to consult a neurosurgeon.
Answered: Sun, 1 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor