Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Smashed upper shin, painful, nausea, throbbing pain in leg. IS it hairline fracture ?

I fell from a headstand and smashed my upper shin (right under my knee ) into a large wooden block (son s toy). The pain was so bad that I felt nauseous and almost passed out. I can walk with minimal pain, but when I put ice on it, my entire leg throbs...right down to my foot (probably from the ice on the bone). I am hoping that it is just a really bad bruise , but what should i look out case it might be a hairline fracture? Thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
In case of a fracture, the weight bearing is usually painful. Avoid applying ice directly to the skin. You can use cold packs instead. In case the swelling increases, the further investigations are necessary to rule out internal knee structure damage.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Fri, 9 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor