Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Small ulcer looking spot inside eyelid. What could it be?

I have a small ulcer (canker sore) looking spot on the inside of my lower eyelid . It has been present for 3 days now. There is no swelling , no redness of the sclera, and no drainage. What could this be? Never mind...I do not have $25.00 to pay to get an answer. For $20 I could go to my doctor. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  685
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
As from your history you are having a small sore like swelling on the inner side of the lower eye lid. This is probably common inflammatory lesion of the glands of the eye lids like stye or hordeolum.
The treatment is mainly by antibiotic eye drops and antiinfalammatory drugs. Since there is no redness of the eye and discharge the inner layers of the eye are not involved.
If the lesion wont subside or if the symptoms like pain, redness arise you need to consult your eye doctor.
Thank you
Answered: Fri, 16 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor