Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Small tear in the nostril cartilage. Tear getting bigger. How to repair it?

3 years ago I saw a nose specialist because I had a tiny tear in my cartilage that seperates the nostrols. He said I was lucky it was so tiny and that there was nothing he could do for me. Over the years it has gotten bigger and bigger due to blowing my nose or just having it crusty and dischargy. Now I have a very large whole there. Is there anyway to repair it?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  144
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
Hello and welcome to HCM,

You did not mention if you had undergone any surgery or did you experience a trauma which actually caused the tear in the first place. Assuming that both of these are negative, then you first need to undergo a complete work up for confirming the cause of the tear in the cartilage.

if everything is negative then there are many surgical options to repair the hole. Just consult an ENT or plastic surgeon for the same

hope you recover soon

Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Wed, 14 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor