Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Small red spot on eyelid towards the inner corner and right in the crease. Need help.

I woke up this morning with a small red spot on my eyelid . This is the 4th time this has happened to me in the last year and never happened before. It s always around the same area...towards the inner corner and right in the crease. I ve googled this many times and looked on many sites specializing in eye and eyelid disorders but can t find any answers or anything related. Please help if you have any ideas.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  632
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi ,a few questions before we come to a conclusion.

Did u mean your swelling is on the inner side of the eye lid?

Any additional symptoms like pain/ itching....

In previous episodes how long did it stay before it resolved? Was there any discharge from it?

Do you have similar swelling elsewhere in your body?

If your swelling in painful and is located on the inner side of your lids or along the lid margins it may be a tarsal gland infection,which is most common and recurrent too if your lids are not under good hygiene.

If it is associated with itching it could be secondary to allergy too.But if the swelling is recurrent at the same spot and painless ,then,it needs further evaluation. It is better to consult an ophthalmologist and get a slit lamp examination done.

Take care.

Answered: Thu, 12 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor