Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Small red bumps on penile shaft and scrotum, oozing clear liquid and little blood. Tiny bumps and very dry skin on the body. Last sexual activity was a month back. Infection?

I have small red/pinkish bumps on my penile shaft and on my scrodum. the bumps on my penis do not hurt. when i tried to pop the bump i had to try very hard to get a clear liquid to ooze followed by a little blood spot. the bumps do not itch or burn. my entire body has been very dry and tiny bumps have been forming. i thought everything was happening because of a laundry detergent but now that the bump oozed (after i popped them) i am very concerned. it had been a month or two since i last had sexual activity. I did stay in some pretty low class hotels on a lacrosse tournament the sheets might not have been clean. is this anything i should be concerned about?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  427
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to HealthcareMagic.

As per your query you have small redddish bumps on penile shaft and scrotum which are oozing clear liquid and little blood after you popped them.

As per the findings you are telling there can be simple "Fordyce spots". Most commonly the spots on the undersurface of penis are Fordyce spots. These are pinhead size or slightly larger bumps present over mainly the under surface of the penis i.e. on the frenulum area. Basically these are proliferation of the normal oil glands which are present over this area and are totally asymptomatic (without any problem) and are most commonly confused with genital warts in there initial course of appearance. A close examination is the must to differentiate one from another. There is no need of any treatment in this condition as it is totally normal condition. If at all some person are panicky then we do remove these with radiofrequency ablation.

Knidly do not try to pop the area by yourself as you have infected the area so leading to oozing at the local part.
You can meet a dermatologist for the treatment of the infection and further guidance.
I hope these information's will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help.

"Wish you good health"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases)
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor