Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Small pink lump behind my bottom molar. Bloody gum near the molar. Should I be concerned or will this heal itself?

I have a small pink lump behind my bottom molar that is sensitive (but not painfully so) to chewing or touching. When I touched it this morning, I saw that the part of the gum that touches/is up against the back of the molar is bloody. Should I be concerned or will this heal itself? I have a very steady and healthy diet that does not change.
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  353
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
this is due to the impacted wisdom tooth in the molar should visit your dentist .get an x-ray of that region .this x-ray will decide the treatment.if there is space for the tooth to come out,then the flap over the impacted tooth has to be removed[operculectomy].if the tooth is in horizontal position,the tooth has to be removed.thank you.
Answered: Tue, 10 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor