Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Small painless bump inside upper labia, rough area around bottom of vagina, pus and blood on popping, taken HPV virus. Herpes?

I have a small painless bump inside my upper labia . About a week ago I noticed a rough area around the bottom of my vagina , nut closer to my anal region almost right where the two buttcheeks meet. It wasn t painful until I kept squeezing it. The first night I squeezed it it was like a pimple pop with some piss and blood. After that it was only slightly felt when I wiped. It never turned into a blister , but did resemble a pimple again. I used Retin-A ( My acne med) and it healed in a few days. Now this small bump on my labia. I ve been vaccinated for HPV, but I ve read a lot of herpes outbreaks can be very mild. I m 29, had unprotected sex 5 days ago. Could this be herpes?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  185
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hiya Kristy!

I would advise you to get a serum IgG & IgM test for herpes right away! This will help quell the doubt & tell you if the herpes is indeed present & if so, if it was of recent onset.

The painless bump could just as well be another viral infection called viral warts as could the blister that ruptured.

Am sorry but dermatology is a 'visual' field & it would be great if you could upload a clear digital photo of the region on this web site.

Should you desire discretion, please feel free to use our premier 'ask-a-specialist' feature & get directly in touch with me.

In the interests of public safety & yours, please do practice SAfe Sex!

Cheers & Best regards!

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dematologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Bangalore, India
Answered: Tue, 23 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
no,this is not herpes. i thought this is vaginal cyst.this will be confirm by local examination by should go to clinic for examination.o.k
dr neeraj gupta
Answered: Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor