Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Small lump on shin bone, soreness in muscles, varicose veins in the area. Due to shin bone injury?

I have a small lump on my right shin bone, its been there for about 2 weeks and there is soreness in the musel area on one side of it, i am 61 years old male and am starting to get varicus viens in the area which i belive is the cause of it ? is it worth getting it check out as i believe it could be cause by a knock on the shin bone ?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  177
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It can be collected hematoma in the muscle. I would recommend you to show to a orthosurgeon and get examined. Meanwhile you can start following treatment.
1. hot water fomentation
2. Diclofenac ointment
3. Tablet Brufen for pain relief
4.compression bandage
Answered: Fri, 4 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor