Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Small lump near shin, growing in size, movable, pain on pressing. Treatment options?

Hi i ve had a small painless lump inside my right leg next to my shin for a while now. i ve noticed recently it s got bigger! im not sure if this is because i have been growing, but i play a lot of netball and its about 3/4+ of the way up my leg. You can kindof move it if you press either side of it and it s numb but can sometimes hurt if i press it in a certain area. I am going to book a doctors appointment, but for now im just worried- help me!
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  333
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hi and welcome to HCM

It is good to start the RICE treatment immediately after the injury. The lump will take some time to disappear. Don't worry about it.

May be you can apply some volini gel (diclofenac) at the site where it is hurting followed by hot fomentation 15 minutes later ( dip a piece of cloth in warm water and apply it over the lump intermittently ).If the pain is bad, maybe you could take brufen orally (anti inflammatory, analgesic).

In case the lump still persists after 2 weeks, please visit your doctor to rule out other causes like a crack in the bone , persistent hematoma etc.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 19 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor