Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Small indent in skin on lower part of stomach, clear liquid discharge. Cure?

Hello, I have a small indent in my skin at the lower part of my stomach that is roughly 1mm wide and maybe 2-3mm deep. It has been there as long as I can remember and very occasional may produce a small amount of clear to white lliquid if squeezed. It is almost like a large individual pore of some sort. What could this be?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
This is possibly a sinus which is congenital in nature meaning it has been present from birth due to some embryological defect during closure of the abdominal wall. Therefore it secretes some sort of fluid occasionally. It has a propensity to get infected and cause inflammation. Sometimes, it can connect with an underlying tract most commonly the urinary tract in which case it is labeled as a fistula. Management comprises of a contrast study to underline the tract followed by surgical excision to remove all the contents of the cavity.
Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor