Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Small holes in both underarms, curd like thing comes out on piercing. Can it be closed?

Hello ! I have small holes in both of my underarms for years now. Sometimes, I would pierce it and there is like a white curd that comes out of it. Sometimes a long thin hair comes out of it too that comes out easily compare to the other hair in the underarm. I don t know what caused the holes. I am thinking maybe from plucking the hair using twissors. I think the holes started from small pimples that developed in my underarms then after awhile became holes . I am annoyed with these holes. It ruined the look of my underarms, I cannot raise my arms when wearing sleeveless shirts because it lookd awful even if they re small but they re visible and I think it causes a tiny little odour. Can these holes be closed and how ?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  866
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
In your case there could be two possibilities, either it could be a sebaceous cyst or lesions of hidradenitis suppuritiva
In sebaceous cyst, a cystic soft swelling is present under the skin and is characterised by a central punctum, on squeezing the lesion a foul smelling oily or cheesy material comes out. Sometimes small cysts may heal spontaneously but in most cases excision of cyst is required
Hidradenitis suppuritiva cysts nodules may occur with multiple balckheads( polyporous comedones) which on squeezing may release keratin debris or pus.
I would advise you to consult a dermatologist as dermatology is a visual field and appropriate treatment can only be suggested after diagnosing the concern.
Hope that answers your query.
Answered: Wed, 6 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor