Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Small, hard painless bumps on cheek going to gums. What could they be?

I have had a few small hard painless bumps where my cheek goes to my gums. this may sound terrible but they have been there, the same size & number for about a year if I remember correctly (scratch that, I just talked with a friend of mine & remebered they have been there for four years) & I have yet to tell my dentist about them. any thoughts? I am a 16 yr. old male & have used snuff habitually before, for only a few years but none the less.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
Taking snuff for a prolonged period is not known to cause cancer but it may lead to a number of local infections. Also, such people have a number of vitamin deficiencies which may also lead to irregularities in the cheeks and gums. i would advise you to take an antibiotic and antifungal (Tab Ciprofloxacin 500mg twice daily +Tab Forcan 150mg twice daily) plus a multivitamin (Tab B-Complex twice daily), all for 15 days. If your bumps dont improve by then,you should consult a surgeon.
Answered: Sat, 21 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor