Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Small gout on the neck area, blood test showed TB IGG, have skin problems during certain period of year. Serious?

I am having something like small gouts on the neck area from the past 11 years.ha I was a medical representative at that time and one of my ENT told that it can be tuberculosis but I didn t took any action. But just before a day without any reason I made a blood test and it showed tb IGG. I am having skin problems since so many years during certain period of a year. I had consulted skin specialist for the same and even they couldn t judge any thing even after biopsy of the infected skin. Can you please guide. Is this a serious problem?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Rajesh,

You have showed positive IgG antibodies for TB. It does not signify a recent infection. You need to be evaluated further. Please get a chest x-ray done, sputum examination for the tubercle bacilli, a BACTEC test for TB. These are more specific tests.

The affected area in the neck may be biopsied and studied further to know the cause.

In my opinion, you should not neglect this, be quick, get back to your primary care physician at the earliest, and get it treated accordingly.

I wish you healthy life.

Take care.
Answered: Fri, 14 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor