Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Small girl's eye power increasing frequently. Wears spectacles. What is the solution for getting rid from spectacles?

Hello Doctor, My daughter is 5years old and she is wearing a power glass for the past one year and her power has been increased to -5 to -5.50, I am very much worried of her eyes. Is it curable and when can she remove the glasses? Whether the power increases every year? I wanted to know about it. And also by practicing eye exercise, is there a possibility of removing the glasses, please help me.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to health care magic
you have said that for the past 1 yr power has been increased from -5 to -5.5..
this is called myopia,,that means image coming far away are not reaching the retina properly.
power has 2 dimensions one is cylindrical and another one is spherical,,spherical power goes on increasing with increasing age upto growing age that is approx 21..there is no curability in the sense she had to wear glasses for the life time..
LASIK treatment is one of the choice in which a small bit of cornea is removed to decrease the size of power..this should be done after completion of growth only...practicing eye exercises may not help this cond.

for your kind information i will tell you some thing, in some forms of myopia like pathological myopia degenerative changes may be seen in the posterior segment(retina) that is behind the iris....
dont be delay and consult ophthalmologist to get check up..
she had to ware glasses/contact lens at this age is not required..
hope you understand my suggestion...
thank you
Answered: Sun, 21 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor