Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Small, flesh colored itchy bumps spreading on face causing dryness, itching in eyes. Allergic reaction?

Hi, I am a 17 year old girl. Over the past few days I have noticed that small, flesh-colored itchy bumps are spreading on my face. It started on my forehead and has now worked its way down both of my cheeks and is starting to show up on my chin . The bumps itch and my face feels rough and dry. My eyes have also been itchy. Is this some sort of allergic reaction? I haven t eaten anything unusual or changed my face care regimen. The bumps dont seem to be going down at all. Should I go to the doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  422
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
Hello Megan,

Thanks for posting on HCM
Yes you should go to the dermatologist.
From the description of symptoms you are most likely having a skin infection probably due to fungi. Treatment is topical antifungi agents like miconazole cream or ketokonazole cream etc.
Another possible cause of your skin affection might be allergic reaction but of unknown cause. Usually rare as something usually triggers the reaction.
A dermatologist will have to look at the skin lesions and determine the type of affection you are presenting.

Hope this helps

Answered: Wed, 13 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor