Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Small flap of skin on inner cheek, hurts and tender. What is it?

I have had on my left inside my inner check a small flap of skin, I thought when I first noticed it I had bite my check, but there was no blood , I ignored it and I thought it would go away or the skin would just grow back into the rest of my tissue , but every now and then it really hurts and is tender, I can move the skin with my tounge. It has gotten bigger, and I hope it is something that is common, I know the possiblilites of it get infected, but I just want to know what it is?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  5431
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for writing to us.

Flaps of skin, more towards the back of the cheek are often caused by cheek bite. It could also be caused by the cusps of the molar teeth constantly rubbing your cheek.

My suggestion to you is that is not related to a canker sore, You need to see a dentist so that -
1)If the flap of skin has to be removed he can remove it
2)if corrective action needs to be taken regards teeth your teeth may need to be rounded off or any other treatment to correct you from biting the cheek may have to be done.

Best wishes.
Answered: Fri, 30 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor