Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Small fang marks on back of arm near arm pit, itching, turned to red scaley itchy rash. What could be this?

hi , a Few days back i fell asleep in the basement of my house & when i woke up i had what looked like a spider bite on the back of my arm near my arm pit it had two small fang marks in it (or at least thats what it looked like). it itched really bad & now it has tunred into a palm sized red scaley itchy rash. what could this be ? and what should i do about it
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
From what you have told me, it looks like an insect bite and you are having a reaction to it. Not to worry. Consult a dermatologist as soon as possible and get it checked out. The doctor will examine you to see if it is actually an insect bite or there is some other cause for your symptoms. And also prescribe the appropriate treatment.
As for rash, right now what you can do is first do not scratch. It will aggravate your problem. Do not apply irritants like dettol/savlon/turmeric/curd/irritant creams/powders etc. Keep the area clean and cry. Take a cold bath, avoid hot water as it can increase the itching. You can apply a mild non irritant like petroleum jelly or some other soothing mild lotion.
Do consult a dermatologist at the earliest
Take care
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor