Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Small cotton piece stuck in ear canal, feeling dizzy, hearing loss. Will it come naturally?

Hello, I have a small piece of cotton stuck in my ear canal . I went to see an ER doctor and he said that it should naturally come out on its own. It s been 3 days since I ve seen him. I continue to be dizzy and have some hearing loss which I reported to him when i saw him. How long is this going to last/ when should I expect the cotton to come out?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  488
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
HI I have gone through your mail and as you said that accidentally small piece of cotton in ear canal during ear diging this leads to heard of hearing and dizzyness.In this connection I would like to explain you that piece of cotton in ear canal will block ear drum thus producing herd of hearing and may give you dizzy feel also.This piece of cotton will never come out of ear canal itself,you are now advice to consult E.N.T.specialist to remove this and proper treatment.Thanks.
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor