Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Small child, vomiting, fever, stomach upset, loss of appetite. Taking emeset syrup. Treatment?

my 6 yr old son has vomitted atleast 4 times since this afternoon...he had fever yesterday but no fever today I took him to 2 doctors who said that its a stomach upset and not an infection...they have prescribed crocin ds (if required) and emeset syrup 5ml ... this evening i gave him emeset atleast 3 times.. he has lost appetite ..i have tried giving him black tea and rice water etc but he has brought up everything... right now he has no fever but he is fast asleep and quite famished pls advice
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  6270
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice. I have gone through your question. It seems your son is having food poisoning which usually starts with vomiting followed by fever, and then loose motion few times. Accompanied symptoms are little headache and stomach pain.

Food poisoning symptoms subsides within 48 to 72 hours on its own. I would suggest you give your child Syp Emeset and Syp Gelusil MPS [Antacid] 5 ml 3 times a day. Light and non oily food will help.

Hope I have helped you. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Saurabh Kumar
Answered: Mon, 30 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor