Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Small child, vision problems, eyeballs moving to sides of eyes. Surgery required?

Hi , My Daughter is 1.6 hrs old. she has some problem in her eyes. sometime her eyes looks fine and some time when she look , he left eyes goes leftward and the right eye goes rightward. can u please suggest any excersise or the cure for the same and if we have to go for the operation then in what age and is it painful. and please tell me is it curable.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

If I have got it right, your kid is just born and 1.6 hours old.

Relax. New borns see things which are just a foot away.
They do not fix their vision on objects like a bigger baby does.

By about 3 months of age, they will start fixing both the eyes together. Till then they can look at different directions with both their eyes.

What you need to do now is- to love her, feed her and cuddle her.
Hope I have answered your query.
Happy parenting.
Answered: Mon, 4 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor