Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Small child, upset stomach after eating. Drinking chamomile tea helps. Will peppermint tea help?

Not often does my 8 year old have a sour stomach but sometimes depending on what he has eaten, can get a upset stomach. My husband gives him a little 7 UP and it always works right away and I don t fuss especially since it s bedtime already. If its early enough, I choose a cup of chamomile tea which takes a lot longer to ease the discomfort but it also works. I would like to know if peppermint tea is also another safe tea to give my 8 year for a sour stomach?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  314
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Hi I have gone through your complaints. I am feeling pity about the treatment of your child's stomach upset. Tea it's self will cause gastritis. Please kindly avoid giving tea to your child. Aerated drinks are also not the treatment of choice for your child. Please kindly avoid all these things. Your child requires bland diet when ever he feels abdominal discomfort. Give more curds to him and avoid spicy food. I prefer giving him junior lanzol before breakfast.
Thank you. Good day
Answered: Fri, 25 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor