Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Small child, suffering from loose stools. Prescribed curd rice, no milk, vegetables to be given. Diet recommendations?

doctor my boy baby is now 18 months old. he is passing stools little ,little like 6 times a day.i had consulted pediatrician he told me to stop milk,vegetables,fibre content foods also.he adviced me to give only curd rice,plain son is not eating.pls., tell what foods can i gie him during loose motion.thank u ..
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

The doctor has advised the right food for your son. You can add bread, potatoes, over-ripe banana and lots of fluids in the form of lemonade, buttermilk, coconut water. However avoid fruits and fruit juices till the diarrhoea gets controlled.

It is advisable to discuss with the doctor and get a stool routine examination done to know the possible cause of diarrhoea. Thereafter appropriate medication can be started.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son a speedy recovery.


Answered: Tue, 11 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor