Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Small child, suffering from fever, ear infection, blocked nose, losing voice. Treatment?

My son is 5 1/2 weeks old with fever , ear infection , blocked nose and severe phlegmy cough . He has been throwingup his feed everytime he cougha and now his voice sounds raspy when he cries and he is slowly losing his voice. He is currently under antibiotics. Should I worry about him losing his voice and how can I get rid of the cough for him.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi, please don't worry about his voice, it would get better but you can use nebuliser with salbutamol respule every 8 hours to give him immediate relief. Nebulisation is safest and best way of providing relief from cough of bronchitis which your child seems to be suffering.
You can also put saline nasal drops in his nose to relieve nasal blockage while get an X-ray nasopharynx needs to be done to look for adenoids which may be causing ear infection. And don't use any bottle to feed him. Thanks and wish you a speedy recovery for your son.
Answered: Thu, 6 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor