Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Small child, suffering from duchennes muscular distrophy, muscle disease. Can condition be cured?

My name XXXXXX, delighted find this column, I have 2 children young boy, my first child was in good health, was born in 1994, the second son born in 2001, is currently the second son (his name XXXXX) was 2 years old are not could walk, in 2008 dr says XXXXX suffer dmd (duchennes muscular distropy) or muscle disease. Please advise, whether dmd can be cured, and where we had to go, thanks for the reply. Regards YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

Thanks for posting your query.

There is currently no cure for duchennes muscular dystropy. Aim of treatment is to control symptoms to improve the quality of life.

Your child needs multidiciplenary approach and rehabilitation programme.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Wed, 3 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor