Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Small child, suffering from Hirschsprung disease, not passing stools properly. Treatment for disease?

hi, my name is XXXX I am stay in XXXX (XXXXX) my younger sisters child is suffering for hirschspurng diseases the child is 2 years old and he is totally active but he is not pass a stool properely please write me what is the main treatment is diseases can you write me my telephone number is 0000 and my email address is YYYY@YYYY I am waiting for your reply immediately.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi dear ,your sister child is suffering from Hirchspung this condition, ganglion cells(nerve cells) dont' develop in the rectal wall( part of large intestine ) of the baby, and fecal matter remains impacted in rectum of the the baby.Baby is mostly constipated.Disease is diagnosed by biopsy from the rectum of the baby.treatment is surgical.A two or three phase surgery is done,in first phase ,colostomy is done to divert the fecal matter and render the operation site clean, in the second phase, the aganglionic portion of the rectum is taken out,and anatomists is made between colon and anal canal, an operation called as pull through.In the third phase colostomy is closed back,some surgeon ,do it in two phase only
Answered: Sat, 14 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor