Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Small child, suffered head injury, swelling persists after one year, bleeding. Treatment for swelling?

My 5 year old had a fall a year back, the swelling is still there but there is no pain. She hurt herself again after 6 months in the same place and this time there was some bleeding . But there was no internal injury. Today she had a fall again in the mall from a small height. There is swelling and pain in the head in another place .When will the swelling go. I am very worried.
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response
hello, firstly i cant figure out any reason for the post traumatic swelling persisting even after one long year, there must be some other reason for this swelling. so i would like you to consult your pediatrician who will be in a better position to assess the nature of swelling that your child is having post trauma. as far as the present swelling is concerned, if nothing is unusual, it should subside within few weeks. and if not serious the child may not need anything any medication other than simple pain killers. thanks.
Answered: Sat, 10 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor