Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Small child, suffered fall, bruise across nose bridge. Medical attention required?

My 2 year old son just fell and bruised his nose . It only bled a little bit but I m worried. He has no fever and it doesn t look or feel broken. However, he has a bruise in a line across the bridge of his nose. I just want to know if I should be worried and take him to see a doctor or if I should just let it heal. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  226
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for your query!
May be its mild injury.
If there is no fever, or secondary infection etc , you can wait,

I would advise:
Whether he has be vaccinated for 16-18 month (booster DPT) Tetanus toroid.
Keep wound clean.
You can apply antibacterial cream on wound.
On safe side you can do X- Ray Skull

I wish for your child speedy recovery
Regards; Dr Sagar Mhatre
Answered: Sun, 25 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor