Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Small child, shin injury, sharp pain on moving, bruise, swelling. Taking calpol. Cure?

my 3 year old daughter slipped and banged her leg/shin against a cabinet 3 and a half hours ago. she is still crying a high pitched screaming cry (not her usual cry) and she will not let us look at or touch her leg. the slightest movement sets her off screaming again. she has had calpol but it has not helped the pain. any advice? I have had a quick look and it is bruised and swollen.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query
There is soft tissue injury over her leg and it will take few days to resolve.
I suggest you to apply ice compresses over bruised area for 5 min 2 to 3 times a day,continue with paracetamol for pain relief.
In case pain continues to be there get her examined by doctor to rule out any deeper injury.

Wishing your child good health
God bless
Answered: Wed, 23 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor