Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Small child, red circular spots on buttocks, upper thighs, no itching. Treatment for skin condition?

My son has these red circles in his diaper area and upper thighs. They have a dark pin head size spot in the center. They are flat and aside from being red, they are like his skin (not shiny, not raised, not rough, not dry, etc). They don t appear to itch or bother him in any way. They have come and gone for 6 or so months. It is not diaper rash, yeast rash, chickenpox , measles ...metc. Likely a skin condition of some sort. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  473
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

I should appreciate your description of the skin condition. However, it is difficult to comment and impossible to hazard a guess on the likely cause of the skin condition and the treatment for it without having a look at it. The best course would be to get it examined by a doctor and have medicines accordingly.

You mentioned that the condition has been there for 6 months or so and is not troubling your son. Till you get an appointment with your doctor you can apply oil or cream on the skin and observe the effect. If the condition improves then there should not be anything to worry about.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son all the best.


Answered: Wed, 5 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor