Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Small child, premature birth, weak lungs, allergy issues, chest congestion. Prescribed zatofen. Correct medication?

My son is 2 years old and he is a premie. Born in 8th month and has weak lungs issue since birth. He is 11 kg now and is very active. He has allergy issues and gets sick very often. He gets chest congestion and brethlessness and bn treatd with antibiotics and nabs. My colleague has suggested me to use zatofen as she has a son with almost same allergy issue and now much better. Should I use Zatofen?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  145
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Zatofen (Ketotifen) is a type of asthma medication which, when taken every day and used along with other antiasthma medications, may reduce the frequency, severity, and duration of asthma symptoms or attacks in children.
It may also lead to a reduction in daily requirements of other antiasthma medications.
Ketotifen does not relieve symptoms of an asthma or allergic attack.
It must be taken regularly for it to be effective.
In light of this information please discuss the issue with your regular doctor.
It is not a good idea to try any new medicine without discissing with doctor
Hope the information is useful.
Answered: Wed, 27 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor