Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Small child, pimple like bumps on penis foreskin. Due to grass allergy?

My 7 year old son has medium sized red pimple like bumps on his penis and forskin. Now we went to the doctor today and they werent there. I noticed after he got out of bath tub tonight. He plays football and is extremely allergic to grass, could this be it? they look like big red pimples to me. This has never happened to him before.
Mon, 6 May 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

It could be allergy or insect bite etc.
A physical examination will help in identifying the diagnosis.

If it is allergy then antihistaminics prescribed by your doctor will be useful.
The allergen if identified should be avoided.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Take care.
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Ram Choudhary's  Response
Hi Jenelle,
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
I think they are due to allergic tendency or a bite by an insect say an ant.
When he comes after playing watch him again if the problem happen again it is allergy and the child should wear proper thick dress and should not expose there by urination or any such need.
If there is no such thing in following days then may be it was a bite, so do not need to do anything further.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor