Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Small child, lump on left knee, bruising around area. Due to lipoma?

I was researching Lipomas in infants. My 1 year old has a lump under her left knee that seemed to just appear one day. It really hasn t changed in size and does not seem to be painful when she crawls. When it appeared, there was also bruising around the area where it is located. The bruising has since subsided, but I m thinking I need to bring her in to our family doctor to have it looked at. Would you agree?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Usually lipoma presents as a swelling, which is mobile and soft in consistency. Usually painless.
But it does not present with bruises around.

As you think its right to see a doctor to find out what exactly it is.
Did she get her knee injured? Even bruises can present with small swelling underneath.

Hope my answer helps you.
Best wishes.
Answered: Fri, 23 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor