Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Small child, loose sticky stools, on lactogen one. Taking electrobion, sporlac. Treatment options?

my daughter 5 1/2months old is suffering from loose sticky motions from the time I drank sugarcane juice. As my milk is not sufficient, I even feed her with LACTOGEN1. As soon as i feed her immediate motion is taking place. Iam giving her Electrobion , sporlac, Z & D Ds 20. Is it necessary that i stop feeding her for 2 to 3 days?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  714
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Hi Kalpana,
You can give breast milk.
Stop lactogen if possible temporarily.
Along with breast milk give electrobion 2-3 oz after every loose stool.
This is viral diarrhoea and will improve in 3-4 days time.
No need or antibiotics.
All the best
Dr Uma

Answered: Fri, 19 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed's  Response
Hello there,

Do not stop breast feeding your child even if there are diarrheal episodes. The sugarcane juice is not known to have effects on a mother's milk in the long run. Since you are giving her formula feeds, it is more important to ensure proper handwashing and follow strict hygiene while handling her utensils. Assess the quantity of your milk by expressing it in a calibrated glass and if the quantity is anywhere between 30-35 ml, it should be fine. If it is less, you need to continue Lactogen feeds. Get her stool routine test done to rule out any infection. For this you need to show her once to your Pediatrician who will also be able to assess if there is any dehydration in your baby and stop any unnecessary medication.

Take care.
Answered: Sat, 20 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor