Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Small child having yellow discharge from ear, foul smell, tube put into ear. Treatment?

My 38 month old son got tubes put in a year ago but he has thin thin watery yellow substance draing from his ear that has a foul smell coming from it that u can smell sitting beside him. We re are out if town and can t get in to see his pediatrician until Monday and I don t know what I should do for now. YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  211
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician, Cardiology 's  Response
Thanks for the query
Your child is suufering from CSOM and a tube has been placed one year back,this is clear from your query. But you have not mentioned for how long discharge is coming from his ear.
Now what you can do is just keep his ear dry, put Ciplox ear drops 1 drop 6 hrly and Syp. Augmentin Duo 5 ml 8hrly. Consult your doctor when you will be back to your town.
I hope this answers your query well
Wish you and your family good health
With regards
Answered: Wed, 12 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor