Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Small child, having welts on the body, large raised lumps, high fever. Treatment options?

My grandson has had on and off welts on his body since Thursday. These are large raised lumps , not blisters, not rash . Yesterday my daughter found he had a fever (armpit thermometer ) around 102, but spiked to 103.5 last evening. Down today to 101.8. He isn t acting sick and doesn t say anything hurts. He is 3 1/2. My daughter doesn t have internet . Lives in the country.
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Fever with welts- can happen in any viral fevers. Have him seen by a doctor.

For fever, she may give Acetaminophen syrup in a dose of 15mg/ kg/ dose repeated every 6 hrs for 3 days. Give him plenty of fluids.

For welts, she may give Syrup Cetirizine (5mg/ 5ml) 2.5 ml twice a day for three days.
If excessively itchy, lotions like caladryl can be applied on the skin.

If fever persists /oral intake is poor/ he is dull/ develops breathing problems- he must be taken to a Pediatrician immediately.

Some infections like throat infection/ urinary infection can cause welts.

Hope my answer helps you.
Wish your grandson a speedy recovery.
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor