Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Small child, having ringworm, movable lump under skin. Medical attention required?

Hello my 2 1/2 year old daughter has had a really bad case of ringworm for months now, for the past couple of weeks i have noticed that she now has a bubble under her skin that seems to slide under my fingers. She has been to the doctors but my husband took her and the doctor may not have noticed it. Is this something I should worry about and take her back to the doctor for?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  248
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

It is surprising that the ringworm infection has not been controlled for months now. In this case either it is not ringworm or the right medication has not been advised. Though you have mentioned about a "bublble under the skin" which slides, you have not mentioned its size, location and consistency. I can only presume it to be of pea size around the proximal joint where the ringworm infection is situated. If that is right then it could be an enlarged lymph node draining the area. Control of the infection should also make this swelling settle down over a period of time. I suggest that you seek a second opinion and act accordingly.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter all the best...


Answered: Tue, 9 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor