Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Small child, having rashes, red spots on body, coughing, running nose. Taking montair. Treatment?

my 21/2 yr old is having so called chapaki (sometimes look as rashes all over the body /small red spots or a particular painful swollen spot appears).I m giving her PRACTIN 3ml 12hrs ,and initially 15 day s bk also gave Tab montair 4mg for 3 day,s. she has no itching.pls adv , as inspite of medicines these spots appear and she is also having cough as well as running nose
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
don't worry...these all URTICARIA...a sort of allergic reaction....sometimes related with certain food or drink or sometimes with weather....a short course of treatment with antihistaminic and steroid is good enough...after 5 year of age these episodes decreases in frequency..
for now give syp cetrizine 2.5 ml b.d. for 3 days.
Answered: Sat, 22 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor