Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Small child having large lumps behind head, also present behind ears. Medical attention needed?

My 7 year old has 2 larger lumps close together at the bottom portion of the back part of here head, one smaller near her ear on the other side. One is larger than the others. They don t really move around but not hard. Had brought her in a few months ago to the doctor but they didn t seem to think they needed attention, I have just noticed them again.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for posting your query with Health Care Magic
Your description seem to fit in lymph nodes in the neck and ear region. Lymph nodes are small glands distributed over our entire body where cells against infection are produced. So they enlarge whenever there is any infection. For example if your daughter had any cough or cold, sore throat, ear infection or skin infection in the face or neck then these nodes enlarge. Once the infection settles they gradually decrease in size but this process may take a long time. But it is not a cause of concern and hence your treating physician may not have paid too much importance to it. But sometimes the lymphnodes enlarge in diseases like tuberculosis or cancers like lymphoma also. Although it is less common, it can be judged by examining the nodes so your doctor will know. Such nodes enlarge rapidly and usually more than a centimetre size. So only if such rapid growth occurs you should consult your physician again. Else don't worry, they will settle down in some time
Hope that helped.
God bless you
Answered: Tue, 26 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor